Sunday 8 April 2012

My first Slimming World Meeting

On arriving at the first meeting I was taken through the plans (there is more than one).  I decided to follow the Extra Easy Plan as it sounded so easy to follow.  The basic principle is that I fill a third of my plate with super free foods (mostly fruit and veg).

I also stayed for the whole meeting and have done so every week, since.  I really find this helps keeps me motivated and its great for ideas and tips, especially if you have had a bad week.

By the end of January I had lost a total of 12 pounds in weight!

It wasn't until the 14th of Feb that I reached my stone weight loss, after putting on the week before.  This was the month of really struggling, but I just stuck with it, as I know it works.  February was the month I also started to go to the gym.  I had a introductory lesson at the end of January and I am know loving it!  I must admit all my sessions so far have been with the personnel trainer, but it means I go and it keeps me motivated.

By the end of Feb my total weight loss was 13lbs, so just 1lb over the month.  but by 3rd of April  my weight loss has 1 stone 8and half pounds and that's done in 14 weeks!  The last week I lost 5lbs and I had felt like that I had put weight on that week!  It just goes to show!  But, how did I do it?

Firstly, as I do every week I do a weekly menu planner, but what I did differently was noted what I actually had!  It got me results. So this is was I decided to do for this week, as I wanted to achieve the same kind of weight loss.  But I have found it so difficult this week to stick to the plans and have gone over my daily syns every day, but I have done my diary every day.  So what else am I doing about it? I am reminding myself of my goals, and using visualisation techniques!  I've also got to remember how much I've lost, as I certainly can't carry that in weights at the gym, so how did I do that when I was heavier!

I have also got what I call my fat file, which started out as slimming world recipes, then my menu planners got added and has expanded from there.  The key to the weight I have lost is planning ahead and then reviewing what I have done (which I find very difficult) and one of the reasons for this blog!

I would love any hints and tips from other people on how they have achieved their weight loss goals!

1 comment:

  1. your right to keep a file Lucy, the daily food diary really helps to look back to see if you over indulged or if some food groups cause you to stagnate at all. Also I have found a cute little widgit to update my losses. www.tickerfactory.com, another of my favourite tricks to remind myself how much I have lost is a trip to the 'lard' section of the supermarket, standing staring and counting up all those little half pound slabs of lard, x by 2 equals all the lard that was on my hips :) keep going hun it will be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete