Sunday 8 April 2012

My first post about my weight loss journey

Hi,

My name is Lucy and I have decided that I want to write about my weight loss journey that started on 3rd January 2012.

Towards the end of last year my blood pressure shot up and I was advised by the doctor to start loosing weight.  In all fairness my weight had been creeping upwards for about a year (or more), when my job role changed at work, I was working 5 days a week on a riding school yard.  This meant I was constantly on the go and I could get away with eating and drinking what I wanted.  My job changed and I wasn't moving around as much, but guess what I was eating and drinking just the same amount and living in denial!  I then completely changed jobs and I am now working from behind a desk.

I don't think the roller coaster of all the changes in jobs helped with my weight and having the shock of my blood pressure rocketing my me realise that I needed to do something which didn't involve surgery (which I apparently qualified for).

I had previously signed up to weight watchers and never stuck to it, so I decided to rule this plan out and chooses to go to Slimming World instead.  I also decided to start in January as well as I now Christmas was going to be difficult and wanted to get started on the plan first before having to tackle such a big event!

Of I toddled to my first meeting on 3rd Jan 2012.  I was shocked at how much I weighed!  I had put on loads in a year and three months.  (I started my new role at the stables on 1st Sept 2010).  Everybody was so friendly and welcoming and made me at home.  I found it really hard to walk through the door that time.

Since that date I have lost 1 stone 8 and half pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment