Sunday 27 October 2013

What a day today

Today we had a family lunch and we needed to be there for 1pm, which put paid my visit to the gym and the pool this morning due to the time it opened would mean I wouldn't have time to do what I wanted there and be back in time to have a shower and change.  So chilled out this morning and watched the India Formula One instead on the telly.

For breakfast I had a smoothie made from: Black Forrest Fruits (Blackberries, Blackcurrants, Cherries and Grapes), a banana, natural yogurt, 25 ml of apple juice (0.5 syns) and skimmed milk from the 350ml Healthy Extra A allowance.  I served this with slimming world pancakes (made from 35g of porridge which is my healthy extra 'b' and a muller light mixed together and left in the fridge overnight.  Then when ready add 1 to 2 eggs and mix and then heat up a frying pan and spray with fry light), more Black Forrest Fruit, 2 teaspoons of Honey (2 syns) and 2 rashers of bacon.  Pictures:


Late on we walked uphill to where we were having lunch and it took us 30 minutes.  What a good workout! We arrived promptly at 1pm and were the first to arrive.  I must admit admit I was expecting to eat at about 1.30 to 2pm but not at 3.00pm, by which time I was starving!  I had been so good up to this point and not touched any booze that was being dished up and stuck to diet coke :) I have to say I don't think it was intended to be this late as there was an emergency dash for a gas bottle as the original one had run out :)

I had a lamb chop, burger, peas sweetcorn, pasta, potato's a additional bread roll which I had to syn, having used my Healthy 'B' allowance already (I picked it up as I was hungry and there was a lack of super free) and served with lettuce, tomato, carrot stick and cucumber (the only super free on the table).  I did have a teaspoon each of coleslaw and potato salad (allowed one syn for bath as not sure on how to syn this as very minimal.  We tried to leave at about 4pm and was asked to stay as the birthday cake was coming out for the birthday girl.  I resisted this as it was being dished up in large amounts and didn't want to use any remaining syns on this.  Sorry no pictures for this food as I would have looked stupid taking pictures of this.

About 4.30pm we made our farewells and walked back home.  I must have got thirsty as I wanted to stop at the pub on the way home and the other half agreed.  I managed to drink 2 pints and eat a packet of Honey Roasted nuts, not very clever and cost my at least 33 syns  I am not going to beat myself up about this as I enjoyed it and started to relax, as I don't really enjoy family get togethers.

This evening I had a late dinner as I knew if I didn't have anything I would pick at things I have in the house that I shouldn't!  I had some left over Lamb Rogan Josh served with rice and more salad leaves!.


I am trying to keep a note of five good things that have happened or I have learnt during the day.  Here is my list for today:

1) Listen to those that are trying to support you, as even if they aren't right in their own good way they are just trying to help you!
2) It doesn't matter that you don't do all the exercise you have planned, what matters more is that I am moving more (and hey I still walked for an hour today!)
3) Listen to the inner voice more.  I.E I need to think and question myself more before I act1
4) I haven't fallen of the waggon today by having my two pints of cider and packet of nuts, as I enjoyed this the most out of my day.  We are allowed a bit of fun and this was it for me today!
5) Tomorrow is another day!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment