Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year a New You!


What a wonderful view over Tilehurst, Reading and onto to the Oxfordshire Hills the other side of the river Thames on a gorgeous sunny day!

This picture was taken today on a 3 mile walk to blow the cobwebs away from to much drinking last night and what a reminder of places where we can go walking here just a short walk from our doorsteps!

There was another reason for the walk today, to increase my exercise levels so my fitness levels improve and to help me to loose the weight I badly need to, so I can achieve that all important goal that I want to achieve!

I want this picture to remind that my journey has to be fun and exciting and not boring and dreary! Whats the point of doing this journey if it isn't going to be fun!  We had a special New Years Day meal today. We had Roast Beef and Roast Potatoes with leeks, peas and broad beans!  It was lovely and this was followed up a Slimming World Strawberry Swiss Roll and had no syns in it, but was lovely! I did enjoy a glass of wine with my meal and while I was cooking!

As I had to Turkeys to cook over Christmas we have lots of turkey meals in the freezer and now I am trying new recipes to add that all important variety to my diet! Anyone got any low fat recipes that I may enjoy that I could try?

No comments:

Post a Comment